Friday, November 6, 2009

AUWins AUsome College Football Blog - Week 10

AUWins AUsome College Football Blog - Week 10

Week 10 - How The West Was Won

Week 9 Recap and Thoughts

Happy Friday and I hope that all my good readers have had a good week and are looking ahead to a most excellent weekend. If not...well then it must suck to be you.

Haa Haa! Just kidding...I would never talk to my adoring followers that way.

So did you sit back in awe of AUWins last weekend? Did you say to yourself, "My God!! How does he KNOW this stuff???"

Okay so I tried for once in my adult life to be kind to the lowly mutt fans out there just to make them feel better about their pathetic team. But even the great AUWins had zero clue that Saint Mark would enter the field on Halloween with his team dressed as Grambling. Had I had any inkling of this last gasp of desperation from a fallen coach and a fallen program, I would have taken the Gay Turds as big favorites (once I was able to quit laughing that is).

So did you do as I said and take the Quack Quacks big over USC? You didn't? Well let that be a lesson to you then. Whe AUWins speaks, E F Hutton listens! So does everyone else.

Did you take Auburn over Ol' Piss? You didn't? Well let that be the second lesson in your learning process oh grasshopper.

Are you tired of reading AUWins' bragging? Okay, on to Week 10.....

Week 10 Matchups and Predictions

Can you actually believe that we are already at week 10 of the college football season? Does it really seem like 10 whole weeks ago that you were reading AUWins' Week 1 blog in rapt attention?? Good grief!! If only the friggin' NBA season would seem to come and go this fast!!!

On to my invaluable insights and prognostications (that's the same as "predictions" for you bammers and mangy mutt lovers out there.)

Hawkeyes vs Northwestern

Sorry...I just can't come up with anything decent to name these two teams other than their already bland real names. So why am I bothering to mention this game? Because AUWins believes this could be the shocker of the weekend. The upset no one sees coming. Iowa has lived on the edge all year. You live THAT close EVERY game...it's gonna come back to haunt you against someone that you least expect.

I would put a small wager down on the Wildcats. Not enough to cause me any heartache like that one girl I knew who could do amazing things with her........

Directional school in a close one.

The Waddling Hippo vs Navy

Navy is getting their QB back this week along with some other key players. Neutered Damsel keeps flirting with disaster with these smaller programs. I think Navy scares the ever-lovin' touchdown Jesus out of Fatboy and Casey "My Face Always Looks Like I Smell A Fart" Clausen.

ND hasn't played an away game all year, and this is yet another homer for the irish. They'll get that unbelievable lucky play or break and win a heartstopper.

Coke Bottles For Glasses vs The Most Overhyped Team In History

Yes it's JoePa vs The Sweater ladies and gentlemen!! Aren't you excited??? Aren't you on the edge of your seat for this huge game of national .....well.....regional.....okay ZERO implications?

No I didn't think so. As my good friend once said, I'd rather watch a hayride. If it's snowing or bad weather up there in Gay Valley I might watch a few minutes to laugh at the northern idiots who sit in that crap every year. Other than that the winner of this game gets a Rodney Dangerfield special. (That's a free bowl of soup for you non-Caddyshack followers)

I think Pryor is totally unreliable against good defenses. I believe The Oldest Living Human will rely on his defense to pressure the overhyped QB sensation into multiple mistakes and will win at home. Like most all Little 10 games it will be boring, plodding and just downright unwatchable.

The Aflac Ducks vs A Tree

I don't have a lot of insight on this game, mainly because AUwins hasn't see ANY Stanford games this season. It's at Stanford. Oregon is coming off a monumental win for their program last weekend (that yours truly predicted). Harbaugh is an excellent coach and has this program moving up.

Watch this one in the fourth quarter to see an exciting finish. The Amazing Multi Colored Uniforms win a nailbiter on the road.

The Pure Bred Rednecks vs The Coonasses

Hence this week's blog title. This is for the Western division of the SEC. Bammer is coming off a bye and lsu might as well be (Tulane last week in a blowout). It's at bammer, which in a twist of irony is actually in favor of....get this...LSU!!! The coons have won their last FOUR at the ugliest, most unkept field in college football.

I'm not sold on The Asshat's team though. I think Auburn made the bayou bengals look like world beaters and that has everyone saying "Ooooo...look at lsu!"

Well....sorry coonasses! AU has made just about everyone look great during the month of October. You're QB is still unreliable and you have no real running game to speak of.

Bammer will completely shut down lsu's rushing attack, force George Jefferson (WHEEZY!!!) to throw and while their offense will probably still sputter the D will acount for 14 points.

A fairly easy V for the elephants at home.

The Laters vs The Children of the Corn

I am pretty puzzled by this game. Bo P. has not brought this Nebraska team very far from where they already were in close to two seasons now. It's at home though, and I am wondering if Stoops' boys have any real fire left in their belly. Their season's pretty much over.

Something tells me Nebraska, coming off a huge loss last week (I think, can't rememeber off hand), pulls it all together for a major effort this weekend and makes the cornball nation all giddy and happy for the first time since .....well forever over there.

My good Nebraska friends will be drinking a few extra this Saturday in celebration.

College Football's Greatest Team vs Furman University Christian Knights

Did you miss it? Huh?

Wanna know why no one ever writes out Furman's official mascot? Hmmmm?? Got it now??? Therrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre ya go!

This is a key fo AU because most of the exhausted starters at this point in the season will get some key rest for the home stretch against THUGA and the tahd.

That's it. What? You expected something profound about playing a AA school?

I hope that all of you have a terrific weekend and stay safe. Enjoy all the great football and we'll talk again next week for episode 11. Things gettin' ready to get interesting now folks........

No comments:

Post a Comment